Fwd: Problems using qemu devices from l4re

Maria Soler m.soler at virtualopensystems.com
Fri Jul 4 10:31:56 CEST 2014

Hello again,

I have (tried to) apply those changes and the result is as follows:

Execution:
MOE: cmdline: moe rom/app.cfg
MOE: Starting: rom/ned rom/app.cfg
MOE: loading 'rom/ned'
Ned says: Hi World!
Ned: loading file: 'rom/app.cfg'
io      | Dev_factory: register factory for N2Hw6DeviceE
io      | GTF: register factory for 7Pci_dev
io      | GTF: register factory for N2Hw12Msi_resourceE
io      | Dev_factory: register factory for N2Hw11Gpio_deviceE
io      | Io service
io      | Ready. Waiting for request.
and it stops.

In the application I am using the l4io_request_iomem call (I have also
tried with l4sigma0_map_iomem and the result is the exact same as it
was before the changes).

The configuration file is now:
-- Include L4 functionality
require("L4");

local l     = L4.default_loader;

vbus_prodb = l:new_channel();

-- Start io

l:start(
  {
    caps = {
      icu     = L4.Env.icu;
      input   = vbus_prodb:svr();
    },
  }, "rom/io rom/app.io");

l:start(
   {
     caps = {
                log = L4.Env.log:m("rws"),
                prodb =  vbus_prodb:svr();
                vbus = vbus_prodb;
        },
     log  = { "app", "green" },
   },
   "rom/app" , { FSTAB_FILE = "rom/fstab" }