Timer Interrupt Handler

Xavier LEBARS xlebars at pactenovation.fr
Fri Jul 18 11:27:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

With  this configuration :
 Timer_freq = 32768,
 Ticks = 50,

I obtain the following interval value : 85899345

When I try to use a fixed value like in Tegra configuration (249 999 or 499 999), I see no effects.

> > The private timers are bind to the GIC with the IRQ 27, so I mentioned
> > this value in the static unsigned irq() function.
>
> Why 27 and not 29?

A mistake between  Global Timer Interrupts ID 27 and private timer interrupts ID 29

> > GIC is initialized in the bsp/zynq/pic-arm-zynq.cpp file (similar to
> > the
> > iMX6 architecture)
> >
> > Pic::init()
> > {
> >   typedef Irq_mgr_multi_chip<Gic_sz> M;
> >   M *m = new Boot_object<M>(1);
> >   gic.construct(Kmem::mmio_remap(Mem_layout::Gic_cpu_phys_base),
> >                 Kmem::mmio_remap(Mem_layout::Gic_dist_phys_base));
> >   m->add_chip(0, gic, gic->nr_irqs());
> >   Irq_mgr::mgr = m;
> > }
>
> This looks fine.
>
> > To finish I saw timer_tick class. It seems to be a good way to update
> > system clock because there are interrupts handler which call the
> > update_system_clock function. So I added a call to  the
> > Timer_tick::setup() function in my startup-arm.cpp file after timer
> > initialization. But when I boot the sytem I obtain the following
> > message
>
> I do not think you need to add anything there.

Ok

> > Panic - Could not allocate scheduling IRQ 27
> >
> > The origin of this problem is the allocate_irq() function
> >
> > So do I have to modify something in my IRQ manager or did I forget one
> > step during the construction of my timer driver ? Thanks in advance
>
> For the mptimer it should just work given a proper interval() value.
> So does the mptimer tick, i.e. reading the counter register multiple times
> gives a changing value everytime? Regarding the interrupt number, timer-
> arm-mptimer.cpp already has it defined.

The counter register value change correctly

Xavier Le Bars