Device Tree Blob support in l4linux

Martin Schröder martin.schroeder at openlimit.com
Tue Aug 12 19:54:37 CEST 2014

Hi Adam,

Am 11.08.2014 um 23:41 schrieb Adam Lackorzynski:
>> So l4x_load_dtb(main.c) is fine, but then something else in setup_arch goes
>> wrong. The dtb s stolen from some other linux build, so maybe the dtb is
>> wrong.
>
> Hmm, you need to tune the DT a bit I think. Did you take out the GIC,
> timer and UART? (In case they might be compiled in.) Do you have
> earlyprintk enabled? Maybe you also could try
> arch/l4/boot/dts/simple.dtb.

thanks for the tip with simple.dtb: l4linux went up again, so I switched
to imx28.dts from /l4linux/arch/arm. Even icoll, timrot and duart
compiled don't harm. So let's forget about the other dtb which was build
for some 3.7.x kernel.

Up to now I am using a platform_device for ethernet with "preconfigured"
clocks from U-Boot. Now I switched the ethernet device to device tree.
Probing works fine, the phy is detected, but the link no longer goes up.

Best regards,
    Martin