Build system

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Aug 14 23:26:32 CEST 2014

On Thu Aug 14, 2014 at 12:16:41 -0400, teclis High Elf wrote:
> So I should do:

Please tell we what you actually want to do as I cannot read it out of
the command.

> make S=bootstrap E=hello
>
> so make S=bootstrap jus does a
> cd pkg/bootstrap
> make

Yes. The feature actually is that you can quickly redo some packages
where you exactly know that you only need to remake those (i.e. without
dependency checking), in pkg: make S=pkg1:pkg2:pkg3

> in which file is the S= actually processed? Where is the statement
> VARIABLE := $(S) ?

S processing is done in pkg/Makefile

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de