compiling and running l4android-arm in qemu

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Mon Aug 18 08:24:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 02:18:43PM +0200, cem akpolat wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have compiled l4android, l4 and fiasco for arm architecture and now I am
> attempting to run elf image in qemu.However, I see only a black screen in
> qemu. There is any io messages.

Can you show us the output on the serial line? This could give a hint where it
is failing. Also you can make io more verbose by providing multiple '-v' as an
argument to io.

> What could be the reason? My qemu version
> is 1.7.1. The images that I have after making elfimages are:
>    bootstrap.elf
>    bootstap_L4LinuxARM
>    bootstap_L4LinuxARM.elf

Btw, the standard ARM L4Linux example does not use a graphical output. Did you
modify the example accordingly?

> The used command for running image:
>
> $qemu-system-arm -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 2048 -kernel
> bootstrap_L4LinuxARM.elf -serial stdio

According to the qemu documentation the PBX-A9 target provides a maximum of
1024M of RAM. However, Fiasco and L4Re can only use 512M if I remember
correctly.

Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth