Device Tree Blob support in l4linux

Martin Schröder martin.schroeder at openlimit.com
Tue Aug 19 14:25:53 CEST 2014

Hi Adam,

I tracked the problem down to l4linux/arch/l4/kernel/arch-arm/setup.c:
In static customize_machine(void) either machine_desc->init_machine() is
called and the static/generic platform devices are added (and the DT
disregarded). If init_machine is not set the DT is parsed instead by
of_platform_populate. So I changed in l4.c the .init_machine property to
NULL and got all the devices generated from the DT.

Now at least I got the pinctrl-mxs.c working (utilizes only memory). But
gpoi-mxs.c does not get it's irq and fails probing. What is the correct
interrupt-parent definition if the interrupt controller is outside of
l4linux?

Best regards,
    Martin