l4/sys/syscalls.h: No such file or directory

Valentin Hauner valentinhauner at gmx.de
Wed Aug 20 19:06:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 08/19/2014 02:55 PM, Björn Döbel wrote:
> 2) Use Fiasco's thread primitives. For examples using this, you
>    might want to grep for l4_thread_control in pkg/examples. There
>    are a couple of examples using this.
That worked, I used ex_utcb_ipc as a basis (located in
./l4/pkg/examples/sys/utcb-ipc) and modified it. I replaced the
read/write operations in functions 'thread1' and 'thread2' with some
simple test output with printf.
However, after seeing the outputs 'Thread1 up' and 'Thread2 up', I'm
getting the following errors:
> L4Re[rm]: unhandled read page fault @18 pc=101d244
> L4Re: unhandled exception: pc=0x101d244

These errors disappear by substituting 'l4re_env()->rm' in the thread
control section of main.c with 'l4re_env()->main_thread', but then I
don't get a 'Thread2 up' (logically).

In another example that's very similiar to the above one, I'm getting
these errors (with different 'pc'):
> L4Re[rm]: unhandled read page fault @0 pc=0
> L4Re: unhandled exception: pc=0x0

pc seems to stand for program counter, but how can I debug effectively here?

Best regards,
Valentin