Fiasco, L4Re, L4linux for Pentium 5

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 25 15:04:25 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to run L4linux on top of fiasco/L4re using an older version from the svn (for those interested, I am trying to run this on Intel SCC and therefore need an old build).  I am first trying to run this on qemu and can get the entire linux to boot and display a shell prompt. However, I get a pagefault on trying to enter a character on the shell prompt as below:

Switching to clocksource tsc
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) on device 1:0.
Doing post...
Freeing unused kernel memory: 164k freed
# l4linux | cpu0: utcb=0xb3000600 416
l4linux | l4lx_thread_create: Created thread 423 (idler0) (u:b3000c00, sp:006a1ff8)

l4linux | Page fault: addr = 000003f2 pc = 004f34dc (rw)
l4linux | Page fault (non-resolved): pfa=3f2 pc=4f34dc

I can verify that the first character typed at the prompt reaches the fiasco kernel (because I can echo it). I am not sure how exactly this (tries to) reach L4linux from there on.

Note that I have VGA and keyboards disabled and I am trying to use only the serial line for input and output. Has anyone had similar problems before? Any help on how to proceed would be great!

best,
ramya