Minimal requirements to run L4linux using only a serial console

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 29 12:15:35 CEST 2014

Hey Martin,

I cleaned up my build and it worked - the mistake was mine. I had a question regarding ACPI. The target machine I am using has no BIOS/ACPi support. So, when I boot linux on it my console input does not work.This is similar to booting in qemu with the -no-acpi option. Serial console output works (I can see the prompt of L4Linux) but input does not.

Is there something special to do when booting with a serial console but no ACPI tables?

Thanks,
ramya