Minimal requirements to run L4linux using only a serial console

Martin Schröder martin.schroeder at openlimit.com
Fri Aug 29 16:02:51 CEST 2014

Hi Ramya,

Am 29.08.2014 um 14:29 schrieb Masti Ramya Jayaram:
 > Hi Martin,
 >
 > Thanks for checking that. I also see that my build works provided I don't apply a special patch meant for my board (Intel SCC).
The patch essentially only alters the frequency and disables the PIC.

If you disable the PIC you won't get any character into your system since UART reception is normally interrupt based. If you want to
change this you have to poll the UART FIFO in the driver every second or so if there is any character available.

Best regards,
    Martin.