l4/sys/syscalls.h: No such file or directory

Valentin Hauner valentinhauner at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 11:19:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 09/02/2014 12:27 AM, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> Most use the C++ interface, so looking for 'create_task' is better.
> Why not use ned for creating tasks?
My whole EDF library is written in C now, so switching to C++ or Lua
makes it very uncomfortable for me.

On 09/02/2014 12:27 AM, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> Also, the size argument of l4_fpage is the
> size in log2, so maybe 12 is a good number (the minimum because it's a
> page).
Thanks, that part is working now. The new tasks are created properly and
displayed as 'ready' in the JDB thread list.

But there's another problem: Using the region mapper of the current task
does not work for the newly created tasks, of course.
I've attached a small example that illustrates the problem (task
creation: lines 19-25, setting pager and exception handler: lines
40-48). I've tried to make it as small as possible for your convenience.

How can I create a dedicated region mapper for each of the new tasks? Or
is it better to just map the old region mapper to the new tasks? I've found
> l4_task_map(task_cap, L4RE_THIS_TASK_CAP, ... )
but I didn't come along with the third and fourth parameter.

Best regards,
Valentin