Adding a custom library to l4/pkg/bootstrap

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 2 11:37:26 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have managed to compile a custom C library (libscc-sec) as part of the l4 packages. Now I would like to use it in the bootstrap package (make a call to a function in the library). I did the following:

a. Added the library as a requirement in pkg/bootstrap/Control

requires: drivers_uart drivers_of libc l4util cxx_io libscc-sec

b. Modified the pkg/bootstrap/server/src/Make.rules so that it also looks for libscc-sec by:

L4_LIBS          = -static -nostdlib $(DRV_LIBS) -lcxx_base -lcxx_io -llibscc-sec

But on compiling, I get an error that says that -llibscc-sec not found

The package is getting compiled and I can see the library libscc-sec.a in the build folder. What am I missing?

Thanks,
ramya