Adding a custom library to l4/pkg/bootstrap

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 3 09:51:09 CEST 2014

Hey Jan,

Sorry for underspecifying it. Here are the details.

I have a library called scc-sec under the l4/pkg directory. It has one file:

a. init.c that contains

void hello(){
  printf("hello");
}

I compile this as a library and I can see the scc-sec.so and scc-sec.a in the l4/build/pkg/scc-sec directory

Now in l4/pkg/bootstrap:

a. Control file
requires: (added) scc-sec

b. Make.rules:
-lscc-sec

c. startup.cc

I declare the function as:

extern "C" {
void hello();
}

and somewhere in startup() function, I call it

hello();

On trying to compile this, I get (exact error as it is compiled)

in path_to-startup.cc: undefined reference to function "hello()"

I do not think it is the printf because it explicitly gives me an undefined reference to hello :)

Thanks in advance for helping with this,
Ramya