Checking executables before running them in L4re/fiasco

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 3 16:43:59 CEST 2014

>For a start, you can set "MODE = sigma0" in the Makefile to get a much
Ok, I will try the MODE=sigma0.

>You mean binaries that are started?
Yes but some modules have dependencies (like the Io server and examples of target dependencies include libsigma). Is there a way to find all of them?

Finally, on a related note, could you explain to me how all the modules get merged to create the elfimage? I ask because I have to access the modules (vmlinux, l4linux.cfg and ramdisk) from bootstrap in order to modify/check them. For example, I would like to load the modules encrypted and decrypt them in bootstrap before continuing. I can do decryption in place but again, I am not sure about module sizes, etc.

I see that some of this information is included during the image creation process in l4/pkg/bootstrap/server/src/build.pl but I cannot quite get the entire picture. Could you point me to any documentation about it?

Thanks,
Ramya