Checking executables before running them in L4re/fiasco

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 5 00:39:19 CEST 2014

On Wed Sep 03, 2014 at 14:43:59 +0000, Masti  Ramya Jayaram wrote:
> >You mean binaries that are started?
> Yes but some modules have dependencies (like the Io server and
> examples of target dependencies include libsigma). Is there a way to
> find all of them?

Ok, you mean all the libraries that are linked to a program. One way to
find that out is to build the program with "make V=1", see the linker
step and look for all the -lxxx options. The lib directory in the build
tree has all the libraries and those are links to the actual package
directory so you see the package there.

> Finally, on a related note, could you explain to me how all the
> modules get merged to create the elfimage? I ask because I have to
> access the modules (vmlinux, l4linux.cfg and ramdisk) from bootstrap
> in order to modify/check them. For example, I would like to load the
> modules encrypted and decrypt them in bootstrap before continuing. I
> can do decryption in place but again, I am not sure about module
> sizes, etc.
>
> I see that some of this information is included during the image
> creation process in l4/pkg/bootstrap/server/src/build.pl but I cannot
> quite get the entire picture. Could you point me to any documentation
> about it?

In bootstrap, there's a move_modules() function that iterates over all
the modules and should show you how how to do that.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de