What does idle thread do

Yuxin Ren ryx at gwmail.gwu.edu
Fri Sep 26 19:52:12 CEST 2014

Thank you very much.
I have a further question.
The idle thread creates another two threads--sigma0_thread and boot_thread
(in Kernel_thread::init_workload in kernel_thread-std.cpp file ).
I am curious about what their priority is and when they finish.
In addition in my test, I only have a single thread doing memory map and
unmap.
But I find it is always preempted by another two threads. I do not know
what they are.
Could you give me some hints?

Thank you again.
Yuxin