Teaching OS Course notes

Alexander Aring alex.aring at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:58:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

we had some "Advanced Operating Systems" AOS course at Hochschule
Rhein-Main. This was some mixed lecture with tu dresden (fiasco) and
NICTA (seL4) slides.

Both are some L4 kernel based microkernel systems. I am sure your read
about that. I am happy that I leave the microkernel world now and just
doing some linux hacking now.

Nevertheless here is the website of this course [0].

We had some Raspberry Pi's and did some fiasco hacking. Now seL4 is open
source and maybe better. We had a lot of trouble because the lua
scripting buildsystem and the channel setup for IPC in lua. At the end
it was a really nice course about microkernel operating systems.

Cheers,
Alex

[0] http://www.cs.hs-rm.de/~kaiser/1314_aos.php