Re[2]: dynamic loading

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Mon Oct 20 00:26:57 CEST 2014

 I had similar question too. This is dynamic loading of an executable and all shared libraries, linked with it.
For that, we're commonly using a Lua script in Ned, which is the case for init scripts. But the question may be another:
What if I have my own OS personality with its own init mechanism, but with desire to use L4Re loader. Could we load an
executable via RPC to loader (that  is in moe or in ned), without using a Lua script? Or, even, maybe, there is a client
library for calling loader from other programs? I mean, the C (maybe, but worse, C++ one) callable API, instead Lua bindings.

PS: what is the purpose of 'loader' package? We already have implementation of loader interface in moe and ned...

Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:44:53 +0200 от Adam Lackorzynski <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de>:
>On Wed Oct 15, 2014 at 11:38:50 -0400, teclis High Elf wrote:
>> Does L4Re support dynamic loading? Is there an elf loader or shell? If so
>> how do I do it? I want to run directly with L4Re. No l4linux.
>
>To answer the dynamic loading part: yes. Please look at the
>'hello-shared' boot target.
>

>Adam
>--
>Adam  adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de