libfs/ FUSE on L4Re

Florian Pester florian.pester at tu-dresden.de
Tue Oct 28 18:29:44 CET 2014

Hi,

On 27.10.2014 10:41, Stark, Josef wrote:
> yesterday I came across a very interesting paper titled "Porting FUSE to L4Re", accessible here: http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/papers_ps/pester-beleg.pdf
it's nice, that you like my Beleg. :)

> For porting FUSE, the author uses a library called "libfs" which provides filesystem request forwarding and processing, if I understood correctly. It reads as if libfs is already included in L4Re.
> However, I couldn't find neither FUSE nor libfs in the current L4Re snapshot. Are they by any chance publicly available somewhere else, or are both not to be published?
They are not in the public SVN as of now, but I packed them for you and
put the tarball to:

  https://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fpester/fuse-l4re.tar.gz

I did not touch the code in quite some time, so I'm not sure if it still
works.
In any case, you probably have to apply the patch files located in the
doc/ directory of fuse-l4re to libfs. I dimly remember having some weird
bugs without those.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Happy Hacking
Florian