Need help profiling with Valgrind

Björn Döbel doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 6 07:56:30 CET 2014

Dear Reinier,

Am 05.11.2014 um 23:22 schrieb Reinier Millo Sánchez:
> Hello Aaron
> I'm working in a project to develop an embedded operating system for
> real time purposes using Fiasco.OC as microkernel. I have reviewed you
> article "Capability Wrangling Made Easy: Debugging on a Microkernel with
> Valgrind". I'm interested to do son profiling tests with Fiasco.OC and
> Linux Kernel, using Valgrind. Do you have ported Valgrind to the
> Fiasco.OC microkernel interface? Is the port available?

please let us use the l4-hackers mailing list for further discussion.

Indeed we ported Valgrind to Fiasco.OC and L4Re. Its source code is
available in the L4Re SVN in l4/pkg/valgrind. As you might have noticed,
our paper was in 2010 and if I remember correctly, the Valgrind version
in the repository was last updated around 2011. It might still work, but
you may also encounter problems. Feel free to try this out and let us
know about any questions you have.

Apart from that there may be other ways of achieving your profiling
needs on top of Fiasco.OC. What exactly would you want to do?

Kind regards,
Bjoern