Second UART and console

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Mon Nov 10 08:27:46 CET 2014

Hi,

On 11/08/2014 09:02 PM, teclis High Elf wrote:
> Hi, I have a board with two UARTs on it and I need a second independent
> console connected to the other UART ( I have multiple virtual machines
> and I want to give each their own console). What would be the best
> approach for this? I see the UART drivers are linked into bootstrap.
> Does the same driver from bootstrap remain resident in memory and become
> part of the address space of con once its starts?
>
> Would I need to spawn a separate instance of con or could it be modified
> to support multiple consoles?

You should have a look into the 'cons' package. It is a console
multiplexer and allows you to interact with multiple clients over one UART.

Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth