Run and debug Fiasco.OC kernel and L4Re using a DSTREAM JTAG device and the ARM DS-5 IDE

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Nov 19 00:16:45 CET 2014

Hi,

On Tue Nov 18, 2014 at 18:55:11 +0100, Mahdi Aichouch wrote:
> I used this command line to compile the fiasco kernel and l4re.
>
> $> make -j 4 BOOTSTRAP_NO_STRIP=y PLATFORM_TYPE=imx6 PLATFORM_UART_NR=1
>
> I also added all these options to the src/l4/conf/Makeconf.boot
>
> But when I debug bootstrap_hello.elf binary, I still see that the
> uart_pl011.c that is used.

All the parameters are only relevant when building the image, i.e. in
the l4re build root directory do:
  make elfimage E=hello BOOTSTRAP_NO_STRIP=y PLATFORM_TYPE=imx6 PLATFORM_UART_NR=1
That will generate images/bootstrap.elf (among others, check 'make help'
for other targets).

When the build of the image scrolls by, closely watch which
platform/xxx.o is built. It should be platform/imx.o in your case. If
it's a different one, something with the platform selection is wrong.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de