strange Bug

ba_f ba_f at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Nov 30 19:59:38 CET 2014

Hello,

> Debugging quickfix: link your program statically to identify the
> faulty location.

Unfortunately, no success neither.

I made libClients.a link with myClient.
Still there is some dynamic linking, i couldn't get rid of. And
MODE=shared must be set to build successfully. Is there a file, listing
all files for the Linker? Maybe i could check there which .so is needed
for building.

Objdump gives me the following, but i guess that comes from MODE=shared:

   NEEDED               libc_be_sig.so
   NEEDED               libpthread.so
   NEEDED               libld-l4.so
   NEEDED               libdl.so
   NEEDED               libc_support_misc.so
   NEEDED               libc_be_socket_noop.so
   NEEDED               lib4re-util.so
   NEEDED               libc_be_l4refile.so
   NEEDED               libc_be_l4re.so
   NEEDED               libsupc++.so
   NEEDED               libuc_c.so
   NEEDED               lib4re.so
   NEEDED               libl4util.so
   NEEDED               libl4sys.so

Anyway...
> Alternative (not recommended before you tried the quickfix): obtain
> dynamic loading info using the LD_DEBUG environment variable and
> figure out which library gets mapped to the respective address.

...this looks promising.

But, do you know how to get the output of LD_DEBUG?
I run on an embedded ARM with UART-output.

I set 'LD_DEBUG=all' in the Makefile of myClient.
Normally, i'd specify the output there. E.g. 'LD_DEBUG=all cat'

Thanks,
ba_f