strange Bug

ba_f ba_f at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Dec 2 12:36:36 CET 2014

Hi,

>> Objdump gives me the following, but i guess that comes from
>> MODE=shared:
>>
>> NEEDED               libc_be_sig.so NEEDED
>> libpthread.so NEEDED               libld-l4.so NEEDED
>> libdl.so NEEDED               libc_support_misc.so NEEDED
>> libc_be_socket_noop.so NEEDED               lib4re-util.so NEEDED
>> libc_be_l4refile.so NEEDED               libc_be_l4re.so NEEDED
>> libsupc++.so NEEDED               libuc_c.so NEEDED
>> lib4re.so NEEDED               libl4util.so NEEDED
>> libl4sys.so
>
> There are static library equivalents for all those. Sounds like
> setting the proper REQUIRES_LIBS in your Makefile should do the trick.
>
> What error are you getting if you remove MODE=shared?

There are Library dependencies missing: libld-l4 lib4re-util libuc_c
lib4re libl4util libl4sys.

Although, the .a files exist.

Nevertheless, i can't find any .pc file in obj/pc/ for this libs;
opposite to the other REQUIRED_LIBS that the make-process does find.
I don't know, why .pc files haven't been built.

Btw, i had to build libld-l4.a. By default, it only sets
TARGET=libld-l4.so

> LD_DEBUG is an environment variable, so specifying it at compile time
> in the Makefile is not useful. Instead, add it as an environment
> variable to your setup:
>
> L4.default_loader.start( { caps ...},
>                          "rom/myProgram",
>                          { LD_DEBUG=all }
> };
>
> Again, I would go for the static linking route.

Have you tried this before?
I don't get any output from LD_DEBUG.

Thanks again,
ba_f