strange Bug

Björn Döbel doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Dec 9 10:53:28 CET 2014

On 02.12.2014 12:36, ba_f wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Objdump gives me the following, but i guess that comes from
>>> MODE=shared:
>>>
>>> NEEDED               libc_be_sig.so NEEDED libpthread.so NEEDED
>>> libld-l4.so NEEDED libdl.so NEEDED
>>> libc_support_misc.so NEEDED libc_be_socket_noop.so NEEDED
>>> lib4re-util.so NEEDED libc_be_l4refile.so NEEDED
>>> libc_be_l4re.so NEEDED libsupc++.so NEEDED
>>> libuc_c.so NEEDED lib4re.so NEEDED               libl4util.so
>>> NEEDED libl4sys.so
>>
>> There are static library equivalents for all those. Sounds like
>> setting the proper REQUIRES_LIBS in your Makefile should do the
>> trick.
>>
>> What error are you getting if you remove MODE=shared?
>
> There are Library dependencies missing: libld-l4 lib4re-util
> libuc_c lib4re libl4util libl4sys.
>
> Although, the .a files exist.

Can you please share the whole Makefile? These are very standard L4Re
libraries and they are usually linked against all programs.

> Nevertheless, i can't find any .pc file in obj/pc/ for this libs;
> opposite to the other REQUIRED_LIBS that the make-process does
> find. I don't know, why .pc files haven't been built.
>

> Btw, i had to build libld-l4.a. By default, it only sets
> TARGET=libld-l4.so

libld-l4 is the dynamic linker. There is no need to build a static
version of it as statically linked binaries do not require a dynamic
linker.

>> LD_DEBUG is an environment variable, so specifying it at compile
>> time in the Makefile is not useful. Instead, add it as an
>> environment variable to your setup:
>>
>> L4.default_loader.start( { caps ...}, "rom/myProgram", {
>> LD_DEBUG=all } };
>>
>> Again, I would go for the static linking route.
>
> Have you tried this before? I don't get any output from LD_DEBUG.

Try

{ LD_DEBUG="all" }

please.

Bjoern