Is anyone has experience with pandaboard omap4460?

Andre Puschmann andre.puschmann at tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Dec 22 10:59:47 CET 2014

Hi,

On 19.12.2014 15:34, Matthias Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/15/2014 12:55 PM, Andre Puschmann wrote:
>> On 12/15/2014 10:53 AM, Matthias Lange wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> L4Re (kernel and userland) do support the OMAP4460 on the Pandaboard and
>>> L4Linux/L4Android can be compiled with ARMv7 support. However we do not
>>> have a native framebuffer and input driver. You would have to write your
>>> own drivers and we are happy to assist you with that task.
>>>
>>> If you want to get started with L4Android on ARM per se, please have a
>>> look at the Realview/Versatile platforms on Qemu. L4Re has support for
>>> the Amba LCD device.
>>
>> Following up this question, what would be the embedded hardware platform
>> you'd suggest at the moment for projects/experiments? What are you using
>> for development?
>>
>> I am asking because there is a multitude of boards with e.g. i.MX6 or
>> Exynos based processors. What would be the one that has the best
>> out-of-the-box support in terms of hardware drivers, etc.?
>
> Unfortunately there is no easy answer to that. Out of the box the
> Realview machines emulated by qemu are supported by L4Re which means
> there is a framebuffer and input driver. For other platforms such as
> Exynos we don't have or are not free to release drivers (yet).
>
> Do you have a specific platform in mind which we may consider for
> broader support?

Not really, I just saw a few people on the list asking about booting
i.MX6 boards. So I was wondering whether you guys support those already.
The wandboard [1] or the CuBox [2] seem to be quite interesting, lots of
horse power and reasonably priced.

I thought about porting some wireless communication protocols to an L4
based platform. Both seem to be an interesting piece of hardware that
have enough power for SDRs.

Cheers
Andre

[1] http://wandboard.org/