Physical memory allocation to L4linux

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 15 20:25:37 CEST 2014

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the input. I will try changing one of the suggested functions.

It would be great out of curiosity if you could elucidate why the following occurs.

I see that there is a new iomem region being created and this happens only when I try to read from the mapped region - not until then. But none of this reaches the kernel or maybe I am not sure where to look..

In fact, I see that the init_mem file parses the kernel  memory descriptors to find the regions. So under what circumstances does sigma0 go back to the kernel for mem/io?

Thanks a lot!
Ramya