Problem with Socket program

Gayathri Nagarajan gayathrinagarajan18 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:47:54 CET 2015

I am trying to execute a socket program like - client server.

I am getting errors like "undefined reference to socket". But I have
included <sys/socket.h>. I tried adding library "-lsocket", still the same
error. Also, I get errors like "Library Dependencies missing", "Cflags
dependencies missing".

What libraries have to be added in the makefile for any socket program?
The kernel implementation of socket is also available in uclibc pkg of
l4re.
How do I make my program linked to the socket call?

Please help us resolve this error to get the program built successfully.

Thank you very much