TrustZone example on i.MX6

Markku Ahvenjärvi markku.ahvenjarvi at nomovok.com
Mon Jan 5 15:30:42 CET 2015

On 05.01.2015 01:22, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> On Tue Dec 23, 2014 at 15:39:09 +0200, Markku Ahvenjärvi wrote:
>> I'm trying to run Fiasco.OC in secure world and Linux in non-secure world on
>> i.MX6Q. For this I'm using the TrustZone example (pkg/examples/sys/vm-tz).
>> To secure world I have given 128MB RAM starting from 0x10000000 and I
>> modified the example to give NS world 256MB starting from 0x20000000. I've
>> replaced atags with dtb of my board and it is copied to NS side like kernel
>> and initrd.
>>
>> At first I encountered runtime exception, which I fixed by implementing
>> following to arm_em_tz builds
>> Thread::arch_ext_vcpu_enabled() { return true; }
>>
>> Now I'm having problems at early stages of NS boot, where Linux kernel is
>> checking for the dtb magic. The code loads the dtb magic from the address
>> I'm giving in r2 register (0x21000000), but the magic value usually have one
>> byte or all of them incorrect.
>>
>> I've used JDB to dump the area of dtb after hitting that error and it shows
>> the dtb magic properly. So for some reason the NS-world gets mangled value.
>> Any idea what might be causing this?
> Sounds like a caching issue.
>

> Adam

Hello,

Yes, I was assuming that it is caching issue. The copyblob-function in
the example cleans cache by calling l4_cache_clean_data, so the data
should be in RAM.

Linux kernel expects D-cache and MMU to be disabled on boot up, how is
it done in TrustZone? By initializing banked cp15 registers?

Can you point where these are done? I'm using 20140928 snapshot.

Thanks,
Markku