Clock/Power Management Framework on L4

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Mon Jan 26 09:57:57 CET 2015

Hi,

On 01/23/2015 08:05 AM, Li Qiu wrote:
> Hi, Hackers,
>
> Under Linux, the clock framework defines programming interfaces to
> support software
> management of the system clock tree. Is there similar framerwork/server
> on L4 variants?

No, we don't have a clock / frequency scaling framework. It also has to
be divided between kernel and user land, so there is no easy solution.

We have done it before on an ARM-based embedded platform, however this
was very specific to the underlying platform. Maybe we can discuss your
use case in more detail to come up with a solution?

Best,
Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth