ARM with Qemu

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Mar 4 23:22:25 CET 2015

Hi,

On Mon Mar 02, 2015 at 15:10:04 +0100, Nicolas VARONA wrote:
> I am trying to set up a simulator with Qemu and l4linux ARM to simulate
> the Zynq board. I have successfully compiled Fiasco and L4 with the tool
> chain "arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc". I succeeded to launch l4linux but I have
> no input on l4linux when it's running on Qemu. Nevertheless, the fiasco
> jdb can be invoked. After reading the mailing list I changed the hello
> world program to take inputs and tried a bare metal application with
> l4re with the same result (I didn't modify the module list).
>
> So, I tried to do the same thing with the board and I have inputs with
> the l4 bare metal application

So I looked a bit at this and it seems to me that there's something
strange with uart rx in Qemu, or at least which only shows up in Qemu.
I need to investigate that further.

> and a kernel panic for the l4linux.

Which kind of panic?

> I boot
> with the uboot image on it. Nonetheless, using uImage for qemu doesn't
> change anything:
>
> ./qemu-system-arm -M arm-generic-fdt-plnx -m 512M -kernel
> /path/bootstrap.uimage -dtb /path/devicetree.dtb -serial mon:stdio
>
> I tried to compile the u-boot from Xilinx and Qemu freezes when I launch
> the l4 application.

Could also be the uart issue? But entering jdb always works for me.

> To be sure I have done things right, I also tried the modified hello
> world program on x86 intel and it works well. Then I launched a
> Petalinux with Qemu and a uImage with uboot and it works.
>
> My Qemu is from Xilinx: QEMU emulator version 2.0.50

Oh, good to know. I tried the normal one.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de