Using a second Ethernet connector in L4Linux

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Wed Jun 3 09:52:47 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 05/28/2015 12:42 PM, Mahdi Aichouch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Freescale i.MX 6 Sabre SD board.
> It is equipped with one Ethernet RJ45 connector.
> I need to add a second Ethernet RJ45 connector to the board.
>
> The board has a micro-USB OTG port that allow to connect
> a plugable USB OTG Micro-B to Ethernet adapter like for instance
> this one: http://plugable.com/products/usb2-otge100
>
> I would like to know if L4Linux might access such a second
> Ethernet device connected through micro-USB.

Yes, this is possible. But it might not be easy.

> Does anyone has tried this before.
>
> Could someone points me to a tutorial or a guide that shows what
> are the configurations steps that I should follow to build up a working
> test case.

Unfortunately there is no step 1-2-3 tutorial. What you have to do, is
get the USB controller on your board working from L4Linux. You have to
pass-through the respective device resources the Linux driver requires
and most likely other devices (clocks, GPIO pins) as well. Most likely
you have to modify/adapt the driver in Linux.

Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth