why fiasco use -fno-rtti compile option?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jun 25 22:11:38 CEST 2015

On Fri Jun 19, 2015 at 10:28:47 +0800, liu.xiaodong2 at zte.com.cn wrote:
> 	I want to use typeid() and dynamic_cast() in fiasco, but failed, because of the -fno-rtti option. Why fiasco disable rtti? Are there some bad effects if we enable it?

The first effect are a lot of undefined references when linking. Those
references point to libsupc++ which in turn has only a few dependencies
to libc. Besides adding the lib there are also runtime costs I suppose
which one wants to avoid (or at least know exactly where they are).
Overall it is not necessary to require this functionality, at least for
us.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de