Adding more functionality on top of L4Linux

Thotheolh Tay twzgerald at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 14:21:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

1.) I don't seem to be able to receive reply via this thread. Not sure why
although the "Digest Vol 147, Issue 9" seems to register a reply to this
topic ?

2.) Re: "I assume you're using the default setup with a ramdisk?"

@Adam Lackorzynski
I am using a Genode Framework + Fiasco,OC + L4Linux build with L4Linux as
userland. So, it's all vanilla build according to Genode's website (
http://genode.org/documentation/platforms/foc).

>From their website:

*To get the L4Linux running on top of Genode, you have to change to the
ports-foc repository within your Genode source tree and do a 'make
prepare':*

*     cd ports-foc*
*     make prepare*

*This will fetch the currently supported version from the L4Linux
subversion repository, and apply a patch to it, that is needed to execute
it on top of Genode.*

But the thing is I doubt how different their L4Linux are from the current
ones so it shouldn't really matter ?

I am wondering if I can do a vanilla compilation of programs I want on a
normal OS like Debian or Ubuntu and then copy it's files onto L4Linux ?

Thanks,
Thotheolh.