Question about memory management in L4 Fiasco O.C + L4re

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sat Sep 12 00:25:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Wed Sep 09, 2015 at 15:28:24 +0200, Mahdi Aichouch wrote:
> In order to document my investigation of memory management in L4Linux,
> I draw an abstract representation of the memory mapping of L4Linux's tasks
> virtual memory into L4Linux "real" memory and into physical memory.
>
> Could you please take a look at my schema and tell if it correctly
> represents
> the memory mapping in L4Linux.
>
> Any corrections and remarks are welcome.

Concerning the virtual memories of the tasks, the L4Linux kernel is not
visible there but Fiasco as with L4Linux's VM, and as with any task.
Also, for the L4Linux VM, I'd say 0, 1, 3, and 4 should also be
accounted to L4Linux because all the memory a L4Linux task has comes
from memory of the L4Linux kernel (they share the memory).
Same for the physical memory display. For an abstract view the mapping
of virtual to physical pages seems to be ok.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de