make clean (really!)

ba_f ba_f at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Oct 5 13:44:55 CEST 2015

Am 2015-10-04 23:24, schrieb Adam Lackorzynski:
> On Sun Oct 04, 2015 at 19:35:44 +0200, ba_f wrote:
>> i try to build the newest snapshot while still having an old one on
>> the
>> disk.
>
> I.e. you use the same build directory?
>
>> Unfortunately, 'make setup' crashes when looking for Cross Tools.
>
> How does it crash, what gets wrong? The output would be helpful for me.
>
>> Anyway, i don't think it has something to do with the new snapshot,
>> but some
>> hidden setup files storing my old config.
>> Because, when i rename my old snapshot and then try to rebuild it, it
>> crashes as well.
>
> Tried 'make oldconfig'?
>
>> So, how do i make the setup really clean?
>> 'make clean' seems not enough, since it still knows some old configs.
>> Where are those hidden files, and how to remove them?
>
> For a really fresh start, just delete the build directory and create a
> new one (or just delete everything therein, except the Makefile).
>

> Adam'

Hi,

what do u mean with 'build directory'?
The default build directory is l4re-snapshot/obj/ , isn't it?
And this is what i use.

'make clean' already deletes l4-snapshot/obj/.
clean: @$(RM) -r obj

But this cant be it. Some config stuff must be stored somewhere else.
For example, the first time i built l4re-snapshot i had to choose
between ARM Secure World or Normal World.
When re-building the same snapshot (after 'make clean') it doesn't ask
me for that, but the previous config is selected, already.

Rebuilding:

'cd l4re-snapshot/'
'make clean'
'make setup'
'make'

Just to clear things up: Re-Building l4re-snapshot-2014022818 works
great.
But l4re-snapshot-2014022818_TEST does not.

'cd l4re-snapshot-2014022818/'
'make clean'
'cp -r l4re-snapshot-2014022818/ l4re-snapshot-2014022818_TEST/'
'cd l4re-snapshot-2014022818_TEST/'
'make clean'
'make setup'
'make'

>> Unfortunately, 'make setup' crashes when looking for Cross Tools.
>
> How does it crash, what gets wrong? The output would be helpful for me.

Sorry, no output here.
The CPU load just freaks out until Linux terminates the process and
reboots.

Anyway, this is what i see when manually terminating:

Checking for needed programs and tools
            make ... ok
             gcc ... ok
             g++ ... ok
              ld ... ok
            gawk ... ok
            perl ... ok
      pkg-config ... ok

Checking for needed cross programs and tools
^CMakefile:15: recipe for target 'setup' failed

My
GCC_PATH_PREFIX=/opt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2014.03_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

Thank you.