Sharing one ethernet network device between two L4Linux instances

Martin Schröder martin.schroeder at openlimit.com
Mon Oct 26 18:24:40 CET 2015

Am 22.10.2015 um 10:28 schrieb Matthias Lange:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/21/2015 02:34 PM, Mahdi Aichouch wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was able to run two L4linux instances on top of L4 Fiasco OC using a
>> Qemu emulator of a versatile express-a9 board .
>>
>> I would like to make these two instances share one ethernet network device.
>
> To share a device you need a multiplexer which has access to the
> physical device (and drives it) and provide a virtual device for each of
> the clients. One possible solution would be to grant one L4Linux
> instance access to the physical device and setup a virtual network
> connection between the two instances.

I fear that it is currently not possible to configure this network interface on l4linux for vexpress-a9. QEMU (v2.4.0.1) supports
lan9118 only but the l4linux smsc911x.c requires CONFIG_OF in smsc911x_probe_config_dt. But configuring via DT is not yet fully
working in l4re-snapshot-2014092821.

Martin.