L4Linux update? Driver support

ba_f ba_f at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 3 15:30:37 CET 2015

Am 2015-11-03 00:08, schrieb Adam Lackorzynski:
> On Mon Nov 02, 2015 at 18:20:55 +0100, ba_f wrote:
>> Alrighty then,
>>
>> i guess i can back-port the stuff needed.
>>

>> Now, about Drivers:
>>
>> I want to write a L4Linux Driver that communicates with another
>> L4-Task
>> (l4re-App).
>> Can i just call all the L4-IPC stuff from within the driver?
>
> You can but...
>
>> Is there something special to take care of?
>
> ... take care that you use the L4XV_FN* wrappers and also do not block
> long when doing calls because that will block L4Linux's vCPU. Best use
> some asynchronous way of communication but at least make sure any calls
> are replied soonish/immediately.
>

> Adam

Hey Adam & Folks,

unfortunately, my Server does some crypto stuff and thus is pretty slow.

Right now, my L4re-App (Client) is doing a IOStream::call() which i
assume is not appropriate in L4Linux, since it's waiting long.
So, L4Linux gets blocked with Istream::receive() and IRQ::receive(),
right?

If this is true, i don't really see a clean way of an asynchronous
communication, is there?

Thanks,

ba_f