L4Linux update? Driver support

li94575 li94575 at 163.com
Wed Nov 25 15:19:01 CET 2015

At 2015-11-25 05:05:20, "Adam Lackorzynski" <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>On Mon Nov 23, 2015 at 22:09:47 +0800, li94575 wrote:
>> At 2015-11-22 23:42:55, "Adam Lackorzynski" <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>> >hi,
>> >
>> >The l4lx_irq_dev_set_affinity function that is called by Linux
>> >interrupt code, i.e. I think all the book keeping shall be done by the
>> >Linux code, including the output of /proc/interrupts.
>> >You should check in the jdb to which thread the interrupt is attached.
>> >You can see this in the object list, use shift-Q to see it.
>> >WIth CONFIG_L4_DEBUG_REGISTER_NAMES=y enabled in L4Linux, you'll have
>> >proper descriptions of the objects, so you'll find the interrupt you're
>> >looking for: l4lx.irqXX with XX being the same number as in
>> >/proc/interrupts.
>> >Then, look for the T= value of that particular interrupt, it points to
>> >the thread the interrupt is attached to. Pressing TAB brings you to the
>> >thread in the list. Is it the right onw?

>> >I have tried your methed in the jdb, and find all the irqs we used is on the same thread( on cpu0 ) which
has no name.But CONFIG_L4_DEBUG_REGISTER_NAMES is enabled in L4Linux. Regardless of how the
irq setting in L4Linux, it always stays the same in the jdb, this makes me so confused.

>When setting the affinity, does it use the proper new CPU number in
>attach_to_irq? Also change the dd_printk to printk to see whether the
>attach might go wrong (also do this in detach_from_interrupt). Any error
>messages displayed now?

I have to remind you that the l4lxlib we used is provided by genode. It is a bit different from original version in L4Linux.
The relevant source file is attached at the end. We can confirm that the new CPU number is right in irq_attach and both
system calls (irq_detach, irq_attach) have no error reports.