L4Linux LKM

Nourhan Mohamed nourhan.abdeltawab at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:47:52 CET 2016

Dear all,

I wanted to create a simple character device on L4Linux. I managed to
cross-compile the module and run it on L4Linux on Versatile Express
Realview Cortex-A15 ARM machine using the following command:

make -C ~/l4re/obj/l4linux/arm-mp/ M=$PWD
CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi- L4ARCH=arm CONFIG_TCG_TPM=m
modules V=1

When I try to insert the module using the insmod command I get the
following printed out from the module:
chardev: registered correctly with major number 254
chardev: device class registered correctly
chardev: device class created correctly

With no failures in initializing the device printed at all. Also lsmod
displays the device in the module list with status live.

However, the device doesn't appear in the /dev/ directory and hence I can
not access it using the file operations. Any ideas where is the device
located or how can it be accessed on L4Linux?