Cross-compiling L4Re for MIPS32

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Jun 22 01:31:32 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 22. June 2016 00.24.59 Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> The build system is building host tooling for both 32 and 64 bit
> binaries as x86-based host systems will run both variants quite happily
> nowadays. The goal was to allow using (older) 32bit-only cross compilers
> on 64bit systems (and vice versa). I'm trying to get rid of this now.
> In the meantime you could install the package I recommend, or
> alternatively, edit l4/tool/gendep/Makefile and remove $(LIB64) from the
> LIB assignment.

Right, the linux-libc-dev:amd64 dependency makes a bit more sense in this
context. I decided to remove the LIB64 reference instead, since I don't
particularly want to mess around too much with multiple architectures, and the
problem seems to be resolved when I "make ... config".

Thanks for looking into this! I guess I'm one of the few people still trying
to do things like this on i386 (on Debian).

Paul