Genode + Fiasco.OC: How to access multiple run queues?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Aug 8 23:59:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Fri Aug 05, 2016 at 15:21:29 +0200, Guru Siddesh wrote:
> I'm writing a Genode component which should access and modify the Run
> queues of the scheduler.
>
> Based on what I have read and looked there will be one scheduler for
> each processor.  How to access the different scheduler objects and Run
> queues from Genode side?
>
> I have looked through the code and able to print the run queue from the
> ready_queue_fp.cpp.
>
> But how do you access 2 run queues when number of processors is more than
> one?

On Fiasco's API level there is no interface to directly access the run
queues of processors. The current interface allows to place a thread on
a CPU (plus scheduling parameters) and thus add it to one CPU and remove
it from another (or initially launch a thread). CPU selection is done
using the supplied CPU mask.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de