HW access

ba_f ba_f at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Aug 9 14:35:37 CEST 2016

Hello,

due to sloppy documentation I need help from mailing-list, again.

I want to access Hardware (HW) from a L4re-App.

Actually, I already did this with the old IO-config style.
I described the HW in *.devs and *.io file and then I was accessing the
HW, directly with l4io_request_iomem(ADDR, 4, L4IO_MEM_NONCACHED,
&baseaddr);

With the new functions() style IO-config anything is described in a
single *.io, right?

Well, mine looks like this:

-- vim:ft=lua:
Io.Dt.add_children(Io.system_bus(), function()
   RNG = Io.Hw.Device(function()
     compatible = {"dev-rng,mmio", "dev-rng"};
     Property.hid  = "dev-rng, RNG_0";
     Resource.regs = Io.Res.mmio(0x43c00000, 0x43c0ffff);
   end);
end);

Io.add_vbusses
{
     rng_server = Io.Vi.System_bus(function ()
     dev = wrap(Io.system_bus():match("RNG"));
   end);
}

(Not sure if I really need 'compatible and 'Property.hid', here..?)

Anyway, all I see is output from IO but, no other L4Re-App seems to
start.
IO      | Io service
IO      | Ready. Waiting for request.

Anybody already spot the fault?

May I still use l4io_request_iomem() to access the HW or, did things
change here, too?

Thanks,

ba_f