read/write to virtual address

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Feb 16 23:54:24 CET 2017

Hi,

On Thu Feb 16, 2017 at 13:14:07 +0100, Daniel Krefft wrote:
> We want to know, at which place within the operating system/kernel
> (l4re/fiasco.oc) memory access takes place. This means, which concrete
> functions address the MMU (load/store) or handle the read/write virtual
> memory operations?

I'm sorry I still have a hard time to make sense out of your question.
I'll try to explain where my difficulties come from. In code like
"c = a + b;" we have 2 loads and 1 store. Those happen in virtual memory
and are generated by the compiler. Thus load and store instructions are
everywhere, both in the kernel and in any user-level application and
thus the answer to you question could be: memory accesses are all over
the place.

Adam