Run L4Re/Fiasco hello example under QEMU (ARM)

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:08:33 CET 2017

Hi,

I would like to run hello example under qemu-system-arm, so I
successfully built the images using gcc-linaro-6.3.1 toolchain with
following configuration:

L4Re:
   Target Architecture (ARM architecture)
   CPU variant (ARMv7A type CPU)
   Platform Selection (ARM Integrator)

Fiasco:
   Architecture (ARM processor family)
   Platform (ARM Integrator Platform)
   CPU (ARM 926 Processor)

Unfortunately, after booting boostrap_hello.elf image under
qemu-system-arm (the latest 2.8.0 version) there is nothing printed
out on the console:

$ QEMU_OPTIONS="-machine integratorcp -m 256 -serial mon:stdio
-nographic" make qemu E=hello
MODULE_SEARCH_PATH=/path/to/fiasco/build/

Do you have any idea what I omitted or what is wrong in my setup?

Thank you in advance for your help.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/