Questions about Fiasco.OC scheduler and L4Linux

Christian Ludwig christian_ludwig at genua.de
Mon Mar 27 15:53:10 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Monday, 27. March 2017, 15:24:59 Matthias Lange wrote:
> On 03/27/2017 03:12 PM, Marc CHALAND wrote:
> > <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de <mailto:adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de>> a écrit :
> >     With a i.MX7d you have hardware support for virtualization, so what
> >     about using that, i.e. running normal Linux in a VM? Getting an
> >     L4Linux
> >     for an older version is of course possible but a bit of work.
> >
> > Do you have any sample lua script to help me to set a linux vm up ?
>
> Please have a look at conf/examples/l4lx.cfg in your l4 source
> directory. This starts the L4Linux kernel and passes a couple of
> arguments to the kernel such as memory size and the ramdisk name.

I guess the question was more about running umodified Linux in a VM on top of
Fiasco. In this scenario, Fiasco acts as the hypervisor only. There is the
'uvmm' package that implements a virtual machine monitor, which sets up a
hardware-like environment for Linux. That package also has an example
configuration.

 - Christian

--
genua GmbH
Domagkstrasse 7, 85551 Kirchheim bei Muenchen