Questions about Fiasco.OC scheduler and L4Linux

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Mar 30 23:53:43 CEST 2017

On Thu Mar 30, 2017 at 14:42:36 +0000, Marc CHALAND wrote:
> I did some tests and I'm stuck on bootstrap. I assume that omap (a15) and
> imx7 (a7) have the same switch_to_hyp mechanism.

No, they haven't. Those switching routines are there to switch from a
lower-priv level to a higher one, i.e. must be privided by software
running in Trustzone secure side. There's such functionality for the
OMAP5, but for imx it's different.

> a7 hangs exactly at that
> point. Any idea to fix this ?

Multiple. You need to make sure that u-boot boots you non-secure
(there's no hyp-mode on the secure side). u-boot needs to be enabled for
that functionality. It hopefully is.
Make sure to use the uimage variant and boot with bootm.
Also set "setenv bootm_boot_mode nonsec" to override a possible wrong
default for this case here. Does this help already?