Graphical desktop, l4con, mag

Leslie Zhai lesliezhai at llvm.org.cn
Tue Jun 6 03:47:16 CEST 2017

Hi Jean,

Happy holiday :)

在 2017年06月05日 23:43, Jean Wolter 写道:
> Hello Leslie,
>
> today are public holidays in Germany, so I will try to follow up on
> the issue tomorrow. I downloaded your binaries and am able to
> reproduce the problem. It appears to be a problem with the fiasco
> build. When I use my fiasco image build with gcc 4.9
l4/build/.config

GCCDIR=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/6.3.1

> the systems boots. When I use your fiasco image it triggers the
> pagefault shown in your screen shots.
>
> There are some warnings in the boot sequence with your kernel:
> "Warning: Buddy::alloc: Size mismatch: e58 v 1000" ...
fiasco/build/globalconfig.out

# CONFIG_AMD64_K8 is not set
# CONFIG_AMD64_CORE2 is not set
CONFIG_AMD64_CORE_I=y

l4/build/.config

CONFIG_BUILD_ARCH="amd64"
CONFIG_BUILD_ARCH_amd64=y
CONFIG_CPU="K8"
CONFIG_CPU_X86_K8=y

does it mean this mismatch? but when I rebuilt fiasco with

CONFIG_AMD64_K8=y
# CONFIG_AMD64_CORE2 is not set
# CONFIG_AMD64_CORE_I is not set

the same story so I need to go deeper into fiasco/kern/buddy_alloc.cpp

--
Regards,
Leslie Zhai - a LLVM hackerhttps://reviews.llvm.org/p/xiangzhai/