L4re and L4Linux Compatible issue

Daniel (Xiaolong) Wang xiaolongw at mail.usf.edu
Wed Jun 21 00:57:26 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I’m trying to use L4re to run L4linux. I successfully built the fiasco kernel and l4re with the default setting from the newest l4re-snapshot. However when I try to build L4linux it shows it shows:

“ld: skipping incompatible /home/daniel/Desktop/l4re-snapshot/src/l4/builddir/lib/x86_pentium4/l4f/libl4sys-direct.a when searching for -ll4sys-direct”
"ld: skipping incompatible /home/daniel/Desktop/l4re-snapshot/src/l4/builddir/lib/x86_pentium4/l4f/libl4sys.a when searching for -ll4sys"
"ld: cannot find -ll4sys”

I assume it is the platform of L4re I built is not compatible with the L4Linux settings. I built L4re for x86_586 and x86_pentium4.
My question is that is there a compatible X86 CPU platform the works for both L4re and L4Linux? Should I built AMD64 instead?

Thanks
-Dan