Unit testing guidelines or resource

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Wed Jul 5 23:10:34 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 06/30/2017 04:34 AM, jrodriguez at uns.edu.ar wrote:

> Hi L4 team,
>
> I'm looking forward for information about existent or recommended
> methodology to perform systematic test on single fiasco component or
> L4Re service.

Well, that depends on what you want to test and what your approach to
testing is. Is it (code) coverage testing? Unit tests? API tests?

> From what I see, there is not other option than running on qemu or
> target host. What I would really like is to get sort of fiasco&L4Re mock
> to be able to run systematic unit test on user level app but on my PC
> (avoiding the emulator).

It is not clear to me what you mean with "target host". How is it
different to running it on your PC?

> Any recommendation on this regard?
> Thought about fiasco UX, but not sure if that feature is still maintained.
>
> And if I jump into the complex task of designing this mock, any
> recommendation about l4re service which is more "isolated" from
> microkernel to take it as initial use case for such development?

I am not sure what you mean by a "more isolated" l4re service. Could you
give an example?

Regards,
Matthias.